Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Roman rulership?
If anyone gets a chance I recommend that they watch AD Kingdom and Empire on Netflix. It's a series based on Jesus death and what happened after to his apostles. It's basically the book of Acts re enacted. When you watch it gives such a clear picture of those who opposed the truth and those who instigated the death and persecution of all those who followed Christ and listened to his message.

The Jews who wanted to rid Jesus and all who followed him rode the back of the mighty Roman empire who agreed to kill off all who bore testimony to the truth. The Jews knew that if they didn't destroy Jesus and his message, and prevent him from being raised up on the third day then they would eventually lose control, their riches and the powerful position they held as a Jewish Nation.

We see here a powerful Roman Empire with the (the Jews) who for a time relied on its strength until Rome turned on them and destroyed their city in Jerusalem in 70 ad.

When we read through Revelation 17 and compare the harlot with the Jews and the beast she rides with the Roman empire, a similar picture starts to emerge.

Prophecy tells us that history will repeat itself again in very much the same way, but these things will not occur until all Christian followers of Christ are persecuted by the beast and the harlot that rides it before the beast turns on the harlot and destroys her, which is prophesied in Revelation 18.

"The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction."- Revelation 17:8

Can we see a Roman beast rising once again today?

Let's take a look at Donald Trump. In October 6 2016 he wrote to Catholic leaders:

"I have a message for Catholics: I will be there for you. I will stand with you. I will fight for you,” “I am, and will remain, pro-life. I will defend your religious liberties and the right to fully and freely practice your religion, as individuals, business owners and academic institutions.”

He stated that Catholics are “a rich part of our nation's history” and that “the United States was, and is, strengthened through Catholic men, women, priests and religious Sisters.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/r...ers-88473/

This 52 second video is Donald Trump's message to Catholics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihhDviRy...e=youtu.be

Now let's take a look a Donald Trump's vice president elect Mike Pence. He says Quote:

"'I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican in that order," he says.  Pence says he joined running mate Donald Trump in the presidential race because "we stand at a turning point" when people of faith, lovers of liberty, and protectors of life must "step forward and heed the call to action."

What he forgets to mention is that he is a Catholic. Watch what he has to say here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vltBgK9XfCY

Now here let's see what Mike Pence along with Donald Trump have to say about Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqURNhLh714

When we watch these videos do we see a picture emerging. A Roman/Christian beast emerging with the harlot of Revelation 18 still riding the back of the beast.

Many Christians will be fooled by this as it will appear that this is Gods will that the world will turn back to "christian" worship. This will be a form of Christianity but prove false because it's source of power does not come from God's holy spirit but from the spirit of lawlessness of which originates with the dragon Satan.

Those who stay awake to this deception will not be fooled and will remain close to Jesus and as a result be persecuted and killed for a short period of time before Jesus returns and exposes their lawlessness and all of Satan's deceptions and set matters right with everything that is in opposition to the truth.

We need to remember that if the beast is Roman, Rome has and will always, be an enemy of Christianity as it belongs to the dragon Satan. It has been mentioned before that when we go back through the history of Rome we see how Constantine changed the powerful Roman Empire into something more Christian because that was the only way to stamp out true Christianity; by walking amongst them and slowly manipulating their teachings, incorporating additional pagan practices and preaching that these are acceptable before God.

Although this has been ramping up over the last 2000 within the protestant churches, the mother church (Roman Catholicism) over the last few years has started to make the move in rounding up its protestant "chicks."

This is where we now see the Roman church making a comeback and receiving its power and authority to rule once again.
As Revelation 13 says the dragon (Satan) gives the beast its authority and power and people worship him because they worship his beast. Satan works with many lying signs and wonders and when you hear Trump and Pence speak, they say and support a lot of what it means to be Christian.

But are these lying signs and wonders so as to mislead us as Satan wants?

Remember Jesus and Paul both spoke of a falling away from the truth that would happen in the end times and we are right on the precipice of this happening.

As a side-note, for anyone who lives in New Zealand, doesn't it seem like a coincidence that John Key NZ's former Prime minister recently stepped down and has been replaced by Bill English, a devout Catholic?

There seems to be many changes occurring around the world of religion and politics that it is hard to keep up as everything is happening at an alarming rate. But what we do see right before us is enough to know that things are really starting to take shape in a prophetic way.
Yes, very interesting times!

Just as Jesus said, Luke 21:35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Donald Trump's Religious Comments at his Inauguration Speech. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d42mttD3F4

Pope Francis congratulated Donald Trump on his inauguration as the 45th president of the United States on Friday, praying that God will grant him wisdom and strength.
You can read the rest here...

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...ent-65941/

Interesting developments!
It will be very interesting to see what happens next!
What are your thought on Donald Trump after a year and a half of his presidency? Do you think he could have done more for Christians in the USA? Well, I suppose you can always do more, but you know what I mean.
Hi Neil,  I'm not sure if anything has changed in the USA for Christians? or that something more needs to be done for Christians.
From what I understand Christians in the USA have the freedom to worship and preach how they choose, what I mean is Christians
are not under any ban. In saying that I know there was the removal of the Bible from schools etc but I don't know if this has changed back?   
Do you know of any examples?

I don't think he could do anything more than ensure that Christians can continue worshiping as they have been. I guess he would have to
be careful not to disadvantage people who believe other things.

From what I can see there seems to be more happening on the World stage as there has been many developments there! especially with Israel,
North Korea and the Middle east. It's a wait and see situation as to what he accomplishes by the end of his term and what unfolds after.

What are your thoughts on this?